Monday, November 2, 2009

Day 2 of Nov Blog a day "Screw You Cancer!"

 I had an appointment today from my great GP about a couple of biopsies that I had on my back and shoulders that were done 2 weeks ago. When my DR does not come in the exam rooms smiling and stating that I am his favorite crazy jew. I worry. I had a right to it seems that I have developed a case of
Skin Cancer!!!!!!! So after only the embarrassing things I have done passed before my eyes I found out that I had the most serious type of this kind of noma. I have Melanoma.

 I am no stranger to cancer it took my beautiful wife way before her prime in a very cruel way. I watched her deterorate into what i still can not put into words. Cancer took my Mum quick, so quick that I was not able to say good bye or go to her funeral.

I always thought I would get it. I just thought i would be old and It would be lung cancer, or some kind of cancer you got from drinking and eating fatty food. Not from enjoying the sun.

But I will not let this stop me...maybe I will not be sitting on the beach in Mexico. What I will do is continue to live, love and approach life with my known dark humor.....So Screw You Cancer

3 comments:

  1. That sucks! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it hasn't spread. Hug too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was my attitude when I was diagnosed too. F you, cancer!

    Hang tight - I'll be thinking of ya. xoxo

    ReplyDelete